Are you tired of your kitchen décor? Has spending so much time inside this winter made you want to change everything, but your budget says “NO!” I have six quick and easy fixes for your kitchen that will make it feel like a whole new space for minimal cost and effort.
1. Swap out your cabinet pulls. You can easily add new hardware to your cabinets that will update and/or change the look of your kitchen. Go more modern or stick with a traditional vibe.
2. Add color with new curtains, fabric, or hand towels. Just a little color in the right places and you have a fresh new look and feel to make you fall in love with your kitchen.
3. Put a table lamp in your kitchen. Harsh or fluorescent lighting got you down? A non-traditional lighting source like a pretty lamp may be just the thing to make your kitchen feel more homey and inviting.
4. Grow some herbs in colorful pots. Why not add some green while you’re at it? You use herbs in your cooking. Why not grow your own? Its another simple way to add in color to your room.
5. Hang your pots and pans. Get a pot rack and free up some space in your cabinets. Even if you aren’t, it will make you look and feel like a professional chef while you fix dinner for your family and friends.
6. Replace your sink faucet. This is actually easier than you might think. I’ve done it myself many times. Find a style that fits with your décor, read the instructions, and off you go!
When you’re finished, sit back and enjoy a glass of wine while you bask in the feeling of accomplishment your updated kitchen décor brings you.
If you need advice on how to transform your space, click here to take a look at my Design Hotline service. It’s a convenient and cost effective way to get help from an interior decorator. And, hey! Show me some love by leaving a comment or sharing my post with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, even Pinterest!
You can still sign up for my Design Planning for Real Life 2015 series on my website www.mydivabydesign.com for more details on how to design happiness into your own home. And it’s free!
Copyright© 2015 Christina Rodriguez. All rights reserved.